Upcoming Panel on Race and Reproductive Justice
By Rachel Walden — March 23, 2011
On April 7, Northeastern Law School in Boston, MA will host what promises to be a great panel discussion on race and reproductive justice. Here are the details, from an announcement we received:
Northeastern LSRJ, LSRJ National, and Northeastern Law School present:
“Race, Rhetoric, and Reproductive Justice: How Current and Proposed Legislation Will Affect Communities of Color”
A Panel Discussion Featuring:
- Loretta Ross, National Coordinator of SisterSong
- Reverend Madison Shockley, Pilgrim United Church of Christ, Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice
- Tiloma Jayasinghe, Executive Director, Sakhi for South Asian Women
- Elizabeth Barajas – Roman, Director of Policy, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- Priscilla Huang, Associate Policy Director, Asian & Pacific Islander American Health Forum
When: Thursday April 7th, 2011, 6:30-8:00pm, followed by RECEPTION (those wishing to attend reception MUST attend Panel). Event will begin on time.
Where: Northeastern Law School, Dockser Hall Room 240, 65 Forsyth Street Boston MA, 02115
Co Sponsored by:
Northeastern Black Law Students Association, Northeastern Asian Pacific American Law Students Association, Northeastern Latin American Law Students Association, Northeastern South Asian Law Students Association, Northeastern Human Rights Caucus, Harvard LSRJ, Boston University LSRJ, Northeastern Feminist Student Organization, and the Northeastern Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies Department.
Reception after! Open to the public! Please FORWARD and distribute widely!