RH Reality Check has proven once again why it’s quickly become a major go-to site for information on women’s health. They’ve just published a new series on The Politics of Childbirth, which looks closely at midwifery and maternity care. Here’s a peek at what’s included:
• Original reporting on modern day maternity homes
• Interview with Jennifer Block, author of “PUSHED: The Painful Truth About Childbirth and Modern Maternity Care”
• An in-depth look at the benefits of and challenges to midwifery care written by a practicing midwife
• Discussion on improving birth experiences for API women
• Insight into mother-friendly childbirth as a consumer issue
• An examination of safe motherhood worldwide, the first in a monthly series of posts leading up to Women Deliver, a global conference in London that will take place in October
And don’t miss the daily video in TV Reality, which today features UNICEF training midwives globally. Look for it on the front page.