New Menopause Book Arrives!
By OBOS — October 3, 2006
It’s here! Our new book, Our Bodies, Ourselves: Menopause, was officially released today! Here at the Our Bodies Ourselves office, we are busy organizing release party events across the country and responding to media requests for information about the book and the issues it covers. Right now a television crew from the “Today” show is in our office, shooting a spot that will air on NBC between 7-9 a.m. on October 14th.
Despite the national TV attention, we remain a tiny nonprofit that relies on volunteers to help spread the word about our work. In that spirit, we’re asking for your help.
What can you do? Here are a few ideas:
- Buy our great new book, for yourself, your family, and your friends.
- Blog about it.
- Write a note to your local paper, favorite listserv, or all your friends in your address book, telling them about the book and how to get it.
- Write a review of the book at Amazon.com or Powells.com
- If you live in the Boston area, come to our big Boston bash on Wed. Oct 18. It’ll be held at the YWCA in Boston (near Copley Square) at 7:00. The event is free and open to the public, so bring your friends! Or come to our reception during the American Public Health Association conference November 4 – 8 at the Boston Convention & Exhibition Center.
- If you live in other parts of the country, check our calendar for other events. Or organize one of your own!
Thanks for your help!