Activism & Advocacy
Understanding how our bodies work and learning to navigate the healthcare system are vital. But many aspects of our health, from abortion access to violence and abuse, are beyond our individual control. To truly improve our lives, we must address the political, economic, and social factors that shape our health, including the privatized, for-profit medical system that leaves tens of millions without the coverage they need, the pharmaceutical companies unethically promoting drugs, and the right-wing forces that restrict bodily autonomy.
Currently, Our Bodies Ourselves is actively engaged in the following issues:
- Increasing Access to Abortion Care
- Increasing Access to Midwifery Care
- Breast Implant Safety
- Assisted Reproduction Technologies and Practices: Advancing Health and Reproductive Justice in Family Formation
- Teen Voices Legacy Project
- Vulvovaginal Education and Care
Over the years we have collaborated with many individuals and organizations. The credibility and reputation of Our Bodies Ourselves have been central to establishing us as a key voice in policy, advocacy and educational efforts related to women’s health. Learn more about our impact and influence.